Thursday, 21 June 2012

back from india


5 days ago, I arrived at my Bucharest flat – finally after 5 days worth of travelling. A logistics affair to remember and my excuse for not having done my usual round of ‘Honey, I’m home’ calls to the few friends here who still manage to put up with me – in spite of the mental bamboozle that I am each time I land on Romanian pastures, the society-conditioned ignorance characteristic to so many of their inhabitants, the long silences in between take off and landing– oh, God-Allah , Buddha and all 33 million Hindu gods bless their souls.
Anyhow, as I notice I’m spreading myself too thing as always, I’m happy to announce that now, after a 9month trip into Turkish delights, Indian Delhigts, Thai Curry-lights and the sort, there’s a lot more of me to spread J even more irony lies in the fact that I have – at the beginning of this trip – turned from a vegetarian wanna-be (still ate fish n the lot that can sing underwater) to a fully fledged Veg for 6 months and then to an almost entirely devout vegan for the latter 3 (Ariel would be proud). My father’s response to this paradox has been that hippos are also mostly vegetarian (well at least the ones in the zoo). And furthermore, I’ve been doing yoga, dancing, climbing the south-Himachalian preamble to the Himalayan chain of snowy peaks. My only explanation is that my mind has been so deeply entrenched in Buddhist practices that some synapse overlooked to tell my metabolism about the dietary revolution going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment